Sunday, February 5, 2012

Something I might include with my graduation

I began my collegiate journey at Western Carolina University in Cullowhee, NC where I made lasting memories and many long drives through the gorgeous Blue Ridge mountains.  After declaring my major as Accounting at the end of my sophomore year, I left the small-town university and transferred to the University of North Carolina at Charlotte.  While at UNCC, I helped to organize a writing center at a university in Kenya by collecting books and raising money for laptop computers.  I also found a home in the Belk College of Business, dedicating many hours to an accounting honors organization, Beta Alpha Psi.  Although the city of Charlotte dwarfs the small town of Cullowhee, I never ceased to feel like my actions could really make a difference in the community around me.

My first three summers of college were spent as a camp counselor at Lutheridge in Arden, NC.  I feel so very blessed to have laughed and prayed with children in a place where friendship is true, love is unconditional, and faith is alive!  This past summer, I was blessed with the opportunity to be an Intern in the tax department of Duke Energy Corp.  I have found a permanent home in this department, and look forward to becoming a full-time Tax Analyst at the end of May.

After graduation, I plan to pursue my Masters of Accountancy part-time while working with Duke Energy Corp.  After the completion of my masters, I will sit for the Certified Public Accountant exam.

I thank you for your support and many prayers that have accompanied me on this important journey in life.  I hope that you will join me in celebrating the end of my formal undergraduate education!  Now to learn the really hard lessons: life lessons!

No comments:

Post a Comment