Psalm 147
1 Praise the LORD.[a] How good it is to sing praises to our God,how pleasant and fitting to praise him!
2 The LORD builds up Jerusalem;
he gathers the exiles of Israel.
3 He heals the brokenhearted
and binds up their wounds.
4 He determines the number of the stars
and calls them each by name.
5 Great is our Lord and mighty in power;
his understanding has no limit.
6 The LORD sustains the humble
but casts the wicked to the ground.
7 Sing to the LORD with grateful praise;
make music to our God on the harp.
8 He covers the sky with clouds;
he supplies the earth with rain
and makes grass grow on the hills.
9 He provides food for the cattle
and for the young ravens when they call.
10 His pleasure is not in the strength of the horse,
nor his delight in the legs of the warrior;
11 the LORD delights in those who fear him,
who put their hope in his unfailing love.
12 Extol the LORD, Jerusalem;
praise your God, Zion.
13 He strengthens the bars of your gates
and blesses your people within you.
14 He grants peace to your borders
and satisfies you with the finest of wheat.
15 He sends his command to the earth;
his word runs swiftly.
16 He spreads the snow like wool
and scatters the frost like ashes.
17 He hurls down his hail like pebbles.
Who can withstand his icy blast?
18 He sends his word and melts them;
he stirs up his breezes, and the waters flow.
19 He has revealed his word to Jacob,
his laws and decrees to Israel.
20 He has done this for no other nation;
they do not know his laws.[b]
Praise the LORD.
I don't understand a bulk of this psalm. Mainly because I can't get past the part where it says to put all of my hope in God's unfailing love. Why can't I get that tonight? I think that in the midst of feeling like another humans love is failing, it is so difficult to understand that God's love doesn't do that. And maybe it is because I am so used to guys just "deciding that they do not love me" that makes it so impossible for me to accept it when I find someone who is trying to.
Love shouldn't be this hard. I don't understand why I can't just let go like I've been doing for the past few months. I can't understand why this is so different. And I can't understand why there are a million reasons why this has to be so much harder.
My life is overwhelming right now. I'm not giving up, I'm not stepping down, and I'm okay. But the amount of strain that it is putting on my relationships is tremendous. My life is full of amazing potential, but as always, I am the exception to the rule, and trail blazing my own little path is just... difficult. Thankfully, people have faith in me, but their faith in my plan is lacking, which makes everything extremely hard. I feel so incredibly blessed that I have the amount of support that I do, but it's funny how no amount of support can make up for the lack of support that you receive from someone else. Which only proves that my focus is not on the Lord, because his support and approval are all that matters.
Which is exactly what I'm going to keep telling myself.
I'm going to beat this.
No comments:
Post a Comment