Sunday, November 20, 2011

This kind of love.

I need to vent.  I just need to put this out there.

I am so sick of people looking at me and saying "You deserve better."

1) I am not dating anybody.  I am not acting like I am dating anybody.  I am also not hanging all over any guy that will give me attention, actively seeking someone to spend the rest of my life with, or sleeping around. 

2) My standards are set so high because the guy that people think is so bad for me treats me so well that no guy currently in my life can compare.  Seriously.  As incredible as the guys in my life can be, none of them consistently treat me the way that he does.  Even when we were nothing but friends.  So, either step up, or understand why I don't want to listen to you talk smack about a guy that I hold very dear.

3) I don't care.  Honestly, the only reason that I am so upset about this is the fact that people get drunk and feel the need to get up in my face about the person that I love.  Hey, I love him and he loves me back - I'd say that even if we were dating, that wouldn't be a terribly place to be in.  But since we aren't, well, it's still a pretty good place to be.

4) If he does end up being the right guy, it's going to be pretty hard to forget all the times people looked at me and said terrible things about the love of my life when it's time to make wedding invitations.

So, to all of my friends... get on board and be a little more supportive, please.  If it makes me giddy and smiley when I get a sweet text from a guy, let me be giddy and smiley.  And if I'm having a bad day or look upset, maybe I'm just feeling really left out by my friends, or hey, maybe I just had a rough day at work that lasted 9 hours.

My life does not revolve around this guy.  I fixed that.  It's all good.

So please... let me love.  It's what I do best.

No comments:

Post a Comment