Monday, September 3, 2012

Life isn't a race

So as yet another friend posts a picture of their newborn baby and several more are preparing to walk down the aisle, it's all a girl can do to not feel a little left out.

Except I really do not feel that way.

Sure, I guess I might trade a stable relationship for my oh-so-typical "If this really goes somewhere, it will seriously be one of the greatest love stories ever" kind of whirlwind love.  I mean, maybe.  Although real relationships seem to come with a great deal of expectations - driven more by society than by actual want or need.  I prefer to expect someone to come around when they miss me, say I Love You when they feel is, or even can't think of anything else to say.  But honestly... I kinda like things the way they are.

Not being a couple by societal standpoint might make some people feel cheated... but it leaves me with a feeling of honesty.

And I am rambling.  Whatever, it's my blog.

So I am 23.  When I was little, I thought it was crazy that my parents had waited until they were ~27 to start a family.  I thought my other friends had "cool" parents who were still taking cool trips and had pools and stuff.  Turns out, my friends thought my parents were pretty cool too - cause they really are.

So, as I go about "planning" my life, I realize that things seem to be working about the same for me as it did my parents.  I have two more years of grad school, in which starting a family would be ridiculous.  So, that puts me at 25.  During that time, I might figure out who I am going to marry, but then I have to spend some time dating him.  So, say I get married at about 25 or 26.  I want to spend some time together, doing crazy couple travel things or just trying to get our lives in order... so... I guess it wouldn't do me much good to worry, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment