Tuesday, September 11, 2012

What's love got to do with it?

I'm really big on loving people.  In fact, this is frequently what causes me to put myself into 'pathetic' situations - my constant feeling that God calls me to love gets a little confused with my desire to be in a relationship (well, friendship).  We really can love people wholeheartedly from the sidelines.

But there is one group of people that I cannot love.  That I cannot even begin to fathom loving.  I cannot understand how 'love is the answer' for the Taliban.

I just cannot kill them with kindness, love, or anything else that resembles life.  It is a moral issue for me, but something that Jesus and I have to work out.

but for today, September 11, all this talk about how 'love is the answer' for the Taliban is just frustrating.

1 comment:

  1. Love to hunt them, love to find them, love to stop them, love to kill them. That's enough love for them I think...

    ReplyDelete