Monday, August 22, 2011

It's like coming home.

I don't know how to describe the feeling of coming back to school, but I'm pretty sure that 'euphoric' is pretty close.

I've never felt so much connection to a school before.  Even when I was at Western, I was pretty unsure what my friendships were going to be like, and trying to get over crushes that might have found significant others.  The people there were great, don't get me wrong - but even my closest group of friends weren't prepared to deal with the changes I went through over the summer.  Mainly because we didn't connect over one of the greatest constants in my life - my faith.  And man, was that first summer a huge catapult into the person that I am today!

And as everybody knows... that just didn't work out.

When I got to UNCC last year, I was pretty lonely.  I had about 3 actual friends, and knew only a handful of people from the previous year when I commuted.  Sure, about a million people from Rowan County go to UNCC, but I hadn't seen most of those people in 2 or 3 years, and like most friendships from high school... You just don't always want to go there.

But, I really can't tell you how relieved I was to walk into Business Law and see Nicole Rufty sitting in the 3rd row.  Or maybe it was the 4th.  I knew that, if anything, I had a friend to talk to every Monday & Wednesday =)

Over the course of the year, I made many, many friends.  I had several different groups of friends in Witherspoon (all whom have moved out, for the most part) and my current roommate came from there too.  And I found BAP.

I feel like everywhere that I go, I see a familiar face that looks genuinely happy to see me, and I love it!  I've had several dinners and a party and about a million hugs happen throughout the last few days, and I still feel like there are about a million more to go!  I feel like there are amazing friendships everywhere that I turn, and it's mainly because of that that I don't worry about friendships lost.

It's just crazy to know that this time next year, I'm going to be looking for a job, or already have one.

Wait, did I just say that?

No comments:

Post a Comment