A few TECs ago, I had the amazing experience of working with two couples whose love for God just got WAY deep down in my soul and inspired me. Like... really. Made me want to go out and love people. Made religion one of those fun, couple-y things for me. They made loving the Lord seem almost like a romantic idea - their love for one another strengthened a thousand-fold by their love for God.
And right now my heart absolutely aches for them. I honestly just wish I knew what to say, while selfishly thankful that I don't understand what it feels like. Yet, somehow, through all the pain and suffering that they have endured in the past year, they have remained incredibly inspirational to me. They inspire me to pray, to love, to really appreciate, and to stop being so cotton-pickin selfish.
A small part of my heart also rejoices. The physical pain is almost over, and emotional pain is often the fuel that keeps our hearts pumping for Jesus. Soon, a man who has sought the Lord so diligently will meet his maker. He has fought the good fight. He has almost finished the race. Ya know, I think the Lord is pretty pleased =)
Gina shared this verse on the caringbridge tonight... and it, of course, inspired me:
"And we know that all things work together for good to them
that love God, to them who are called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28
It is so, so true.
Butch, Gina, Josh, Adrienne, and baby Kendra ~ God Loves You, and So Do I.
No comments:
Post a Comment