So, there is a new rule in my life.
People aren't allowed to say the 'M' word.
I have something amazing. More than amazing. I have a relationship with someone who truly does love me, cares for me, and is protective of me. Someone who feels the same way about my family. I really enjoy being around his family, have an appreciation for the fact that families do not always get along, and have a decent understanding of the background of relationships. We can talk about anything, and we are completely honest with one another - even when it really hurts... and sometimes it really does hurt.
But what this really does come down to is a conflict of interests. I have no interest in dating someone while they are deployed overseas. He's being deployed in 9 months. 9 months seems like a long time, but that is basically the remainder of my senior year, and then I get a job. And then there will be a year of skype, e-mail and care packages, and possibly a leave.
I'm not much of one for sitting around and waiting for someone to come back home for me. And he definitely isn't going to ask me to do that.
So, what this has come down to is... I'm spending the next few years of my life just going along with things. I feel like this guy has pretty big potential in my life, but I wish people would stop attaching the M-word to it. It really didn't start out like that, but suddenly there was talk amongst my family about him being "the one" and crap like that... I mean, he would be a blessing, but if neither one of us are ready yet... well, i think it's up to us.
So that is my rant.
I'm just going to go about life, waiting to see if God brings another guy into my life. The whole time praying that if I really do have the right man, he'll still have me.
No comments:
Post a Comment